4pets PRO cages
Why buy a crash-tested dog cage?
Fundamentally, it’s so you know that you’ve done what you can to keep your family safe in the event of a crash. In a 30mph collision a dog will fly forward and hit the first thing it meets with a force equivalent to 25 times its weight – so for example an average Labrador becomes a weight equivalent to 3⁄4 of a tonne.
Most cages are only designed to contain a dog, to stop it getting into the driver’s area - they provide no protection to the humans in the vehicle except in a slow speed collision, and no protection to the dog either.
The 4pets PRO range, made in Switzerland, is designed to protect both humans and dogs, thanks to the use of energy-absorbing materials and intelligent design, all tested and approved by the German TÜV.
Why buy a 4pets PRO dog cage?
We are very confident that the new PRO crash-tested dog cages are the best cages on the market - the safest and the smartest - and here's why:
- All parts of the cage, especially the rear panel which is what the dog will hit first, are designed to absorb kinetic energy and therefore minimise injury.
- The cage is designed to deform in a controlled manner in the event of rear end crushing.
- The ‘Safelock’ door is burst-proof, both inwards and outwards. It’s opened with one hand and “clicks shut” under its own weight, allowing you to concentrate on your dog.
- The shape is optimised to maximise the ‘footprint’, while allowing each cage to be used in as many vehicles as possible.
- PRO cages are made of anodized aluminium, fibreglass- reinforced plastic and scratch-resistant laminated fibreboard. Unlike steel, all these materials are relatively light, don’t get too hot or too cold, and absorb energy.
- They are maintenance free, although every part is available as a DIY spare.
- They provide good visibility for the driver – you can still see through the tailgate via the rear view mirror.
- They are light enough to move about safely.
- They look exceptionally smart, and their exceptional quality stands out in every respect.